I made this crowd pleaser up after my brother (who is not a fan of ordinary potato salad) suggested I make something with less mayo and bacon (you can never go wrong with bacon). It’s great because if you are aware of any vegetarian or vegan guests coming to your BBQ or party you can keep the bacon bits to one side and let your guests sprinkle them over the potato salad as they please.
- 1kg of baby potatoes, skins still on but washed under warm water
- tablespoon of salt
- one pack of streaky bacon
- a few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1-2 tablespoons of salad cream or light mayo
- Half the baby potatoes (quarter them if they are rather large) and set in a deep pot and cover with boiling water. Add the salt and set to boil for about 7-9 minutes. (Until soft but not too soft or else you’ll end up with mash!)
- Fry the bacon and fry until crispy and brittle. Pat the oil off and chop up into bits.
- Tear the rosemary off the stems and chop up the leaves.
- Throw all the ingredients together in a bowl and add the mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (you shouldn’t need too much salt as the bacon and potatoes should be salty enough)
I hope your family loves this side dish as much as mine does!!