This mousse recipe that I got from a magazine a few months back is an absolute killer!! It’s rich, creamy and naughty with its drop of hazelnut liqueur. I first made this when I went to meet my boyfriend’s boss (who is now MY boss too – the mousse is that good) and his family at their home.
- 150g good dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp espresso coffee powder, dissolved in 1-2 tsp of hot water
- 150ml thick whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp Frangelico (any hazelnut liqueur will do)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Separate 3 eggs and whisk the egg yolks with the final whole egg and add the coffee before beating into the chocolate.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the 3 egg whites to soft peak stage. Spoon and fold the mixes together.
- Spoon into bowls or coffee glasses and chill for at least 90 minutes.
- Whip cream, sugar and Frangelico together and then spoon over the mousse to serve. (The original recipe suggested adding actual hazelnuts for decoration- but I found the nutty flavor overpowered the chocolate and coffee)
All that is left to do ..is ENJOY!