Sadly, this is not my own recipe, BUT I love it enough to share it with you! The spongey, cake casing for the peanut butter lava is a dessert that only gets complaints for those sad souls with nut allergies.
- 180g dark chocolate
- 200g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- x4 large eggs
- x4 egg yolks
- 50g cake flour
- 130g peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease the ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Cream the butter and sugar until thickened, pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and yolks one at a time, whisking continuously after each addition.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sift the flour and fold into the choc mixture. Half fill the ramekins, spoon 15ml of peanut butter in the centre and cover with the remaining choc mix. The ramekins must only be 3/4 full.
- Bake to rise for 12-15mins. Remove from oven and cool for 2 mins. Loosen edges and turn out. Serve with vanilla ice cream.